The Fairfield Special Education Parent and Teachers Association, Inc., (SEPTA), invites anyone with an interest in improving the educational, social and recreational opportunities of children with special needs to join our membership. Together we can make a difference in every child’s life.
Click here to learn about the history of Fairfield SEPTA, Inc.
It is the mission of Fairfield SEPTA to promote continuous improvement and excellence in public education for children with disabilities through:
- Social, Recreational and Educational Programs
- Parent Education and Resources
- Professional Development and Grants supporting innovation
- Recognition of Outstanding Practices in Special Education
and Fairfield SEPTA’s mission is in line with the CT PTSA’s mission to:
- Support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and otherorganizations that make decisions affecting children;
- Assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children; and
- Encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of the nation.
The Fairfield SEPTA is a group of parents, teachers, community professionals and community supporters striving to improve the education and social interactions and recreational opportunities of children with special needs. Begun in 1999, the Fairfield SEPTA grew out of a parent support group at the Early Childhood Center, with 44 members. As of this fall, SEPTA has 200+ members. SEPTA provides the parents/ guardians/ caretakers of special education students with support and resources. SEPTA, however, does not and will not provide legal advice or individual advocacy.
Our purpose is to address broader issues that impact all children with special needs in our community. Fairfield SEPTA’s overall message and approach as a PTA is to work in a positive and collaborative manner with our school system and our community.
DATE: Wednesday, June 10th
SEPTA BOOK CLUB
New date to be announced soon!
Click here for a schedule of town meetings.
Click here for the information about the Town Budget.